Monday, February 13, 2012

Day 43: Learn a New Skill

Title: Gardening with the Undead
Assignment: Learn something new. Ask a friend to help you do something using a technique or skill they are good at.
Materials: "Mold-it" Kit that I got from Goodwill a while back, some acrylic paint, PS for touch up, my backyard.

Inspiration: 2nd in the "Zombie Hand reaching up out of the ground" series. I unfortunately didn't have the time to strong arm one of my many talented friends into sharing a skill, so I followed the instructions on the molding and casting kit I found. I made a mold of my left hand out of one solution, then let it dry and poured the casting material (very like what dentists use) and let it dry overnight last night. I think perhaps because I was rushing a bit and the molding powder was old, my cast came out more ragged than I was expecting.
But a little paint touchup helped and just made the hand all the more disgusting.

 Hopefully my downstairs neighbor will enjoy the surprise outside her window...



No comments:

Post a Comment