Monday, September 3, 2012

Day 108: Steam

Title: Steamwitch

Assignment: Create something in the steam on a bathroom mirror or other steamed up surface.

Materials: Mirror, Clothing steamer, candle, PS


Inspiration: This was a tough one - I'd already played with trying to do something in the steam of the bathroom mirror way back in the beginning of the project on Day #10, with mixed results (opted to go in another direction that day). I didn't want to simply draw something in the steam, and holding props and the camera at the same time proved too dangerous. I finally took some shots with the flame reflected in the steam, and when I uploaded them, discovered an interesting pattern in the steam, almost like a figure crouching over the candle.









So I emphasized it with PS and came up with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment