Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day 99: Insect

Title: Hellhopper
Assignment: Use the world of insects as your inspiration today

Materials: Pen, Pencil, Watercolors

Inspiration: When I was about 5 years old or so, I was over at Glenn McRae's house playing out back when Glenn ran into the shed we used for our clubhouse and slammed the door shut. I opened the door to follow and suddenly from off the door leapt this GIGANTIC MOTHERF***ING GRASSHOPPER - straight into my face. Needless to say, I now realize that grasshoppers don't have dripping fangs and red beady eyes, but this is what I saw in my nightmares after that. I've hated the damn things ever since. Come to think of it, Glenn provided me with a fear and loathing of SLUGS too when he threw one on my back sometime later, but that's fodder for another assignment. ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment