Thursday, August 23, 2012

Whoops! Day 89 a little late...

Title: NCC-1701-A
Assignment: Work only with bubble wrap or any other packing materials you have on hand.

Materials: pressed paper packing box from espresso maker, styrofoam top from wine box packing, packing tape, Sharpie, a scrap of bubble wrap, a bit of PS to push the background.

Inspiration: Somehow I skipped right by this one a few weeks ago; just discovered the omission last night.

Every once in a while, my inability to throw away things comes in handy. While looking through my most dangerously crowded closet for bubble wrap, I came upon these weirdly shaped bits of packing box. I picked up the one from the espresso machine parts, turned it over and thought it looked rather familiar, like a nacelle...and a saucer section...I think for this one my handy black board and using the extra styrofoam bits as stars or exploding planets or an ion trail helped make it look like more than it actually is. And though The Enterprise is not monsterish in herself, I figured Kirk & Co were either on their way to or from a monster, escaping from a worm hole or wreaking their own special brand of mayhem.










No comments:

Post a Comment