Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 20: Claytime

Title: What's in the Basement of the Old House?

Assignment: Buy or make some clay, then use it in a way you never have before.

Materials: Black and white sculpey, various utensils for cutting and edging, a rolling pin, staples for the handles, an old necklace for the chain and a bit of black ribbon for the lining. I put a real-sized ring next to it to show the size.

Inspiration: I've never tried making something with edges in clay before, I've always done figures. So this was a challenge figuring out how a box would go together, then how to make it look 'coffin-ish'. I'm a big ol Dark Shadows fan, so the hand struggling to get out is a very dear one to me. ;-)


















WILLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is a GREAT one! Who knows what things we will have created come December 2012!!

    ReplyDelete