Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day 8: Transform a book

Title: Care and Feeding of Children

Assignment: "Transform" an old book into something new by cutting, folding, gluing and so on.

Materials: A ghastly book on child rearing from 1916 that I pulled out of the library's garbage. Scissors, sharpies and glue. And one Anne Bonney action figure there lying behind the cover for her boot.

Inspiration: "To Serve Man"

This one was hard for a lot of reasons, but mainly because it goes against every fiber of my being to deface a book, ANY book!

These assignments are getting tougher, not only for inspiration and manipulating the materials, but in terms of time. I don't know how people can whip up masterpieces in only one day! I'm now reading the assignments the night before, and find my dreams are helping me a bit with ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment