Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day 28: Back to School

Title: WAKEY WAKEY
Assignment: Use traditional school materials to make something nontraditional.

Materials: Fingerpaint, colored pens, a little PS touchup

Inspiration: Who DOESN'T love clowns?? Just about everyone, this girl included.

But I loved using fingerpaints as a kid, even though I still remember being obsessed in nursery school with the color red and using my beloved dog Fritz as my subject. Come 'Parent Night', all the other kids had a wonderful happy variety of colorful scenes from our weekly art sessions up on the walls - my poor parents must have thought they were raising a serial killer when they saw my 26 pictures of a very red Schnauzer on a very red lawn under a very red tree and sun. Luckily for them and me I grew out of my 'RED FRITZ' period. Not sure what they'd make of today's piece, though. ;-)

I'm thinking few things are scarier than clowns, and waking up to see one LOOMING OVER YOU?
First one is my imagined young child's version of this nightmare, and then a more detailed rendering.

There's a fabulous artist, Dave Devries, who takes kid's drawings and makes them into realistic pieces-
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mathieus/what-would-a-childs-drawing-look-like-if-it-8q4
Absolutely inspiring - I wish I had an ounce of his talent!



No comments:

Post a Comment